West Chester/Chadds Ford Homes Report: For Sale and Sold March 26, 2015
712 Haines Mill Road, West Chester. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
Gallery: West Chester/Chadds Ford Homes Report - March 26, 2015 [6 Images] Click any image to expand.
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 30 Whitetail Drive, Chadds Ford ($375,000) - Beautiful serene setting and 4 acres in Chadds Ford! This custom built home with 4BD/3BR is uniquely situated on a quiet cul-de-sac. A stream flows gently through the rear of the property with a walking bridge accessing the rest of the wooded lot. A split rail fence separates the area for horses, a two stall barn, also featuring a pond for fishing enthusiast. The home, grounds and scenery are the ultimate peaceful setting. Enter the split level home and step up to the large bright living room with hardwood floors. From there you can access the dining room and country kitchen. The connecting hallway leads to the master bedroom and two more spacious bedrooms. The master bedroom features a large closet and its own bathroom. The lower level has been carpeted recently and boasts a beautiful stone fire place with wood stove. The fourth bedroom and third full bath are on the lower level. The laundry area and additional storage is on this level as well. The great room opens out to the patio and steps up onto a large deck overlooking the riding area and pond in the rear of the property. The home has an over-sized two car garage. The gardens have been landscaped with perennials that will welcome and highlight the seasons. This country setting is convenient to Rt 1 & 95, Wilmington DE, Longwood Gardens, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. Enjoy the video tour online and make an appointment to see this exceptional property has to offer in historic Chadds Ford
2. 260 Harvey Road, Chadds Ford ($439,900) - 4 Bedroom cape on very private 3.5 acre lot. This home has been well cared for and features a 1st floor bedroom and full bath. Living room with large bay window and fireplace. Eat in kitchen with walk-in pantry. Year round sun room addition with wood stove. This property is a gardeners delight with rear brick patio and gazebo. Adjacent 2.2 wooded acre building lot is also available. mls #6537738 Home to be sold first to allow buyer to purchase both parcels.
3. 111 Wedgewood Drive, Chadds Ford ($484,900) - Come visit this custom built, spacious and well maintained rancher on a very private, wooded 2 acre lot in Chadds Ford. This is one floor living at its best! The home features three bedrooms, two full baths, a powder room, a spacious kitchen with lots of counter space and sliders to the deck (home built with Pella brand sliders and windows!), dining room area, family room with a fireplace and sliders to the deck, and a laundry room. There is a huge walk out basement with both a finished section (great for entertaining!) and an unfinished section (convenient for storage!). Don't worry about power failures during storms. This home has a natural gas powered generator as a back up power supply. Two car garage, driveway parking for 4+ cars, storage shed, large deck overlooking the backyard, one year home warranty, too! Come visit this spacious home on a beautifully wooded, private lot!
4. 602 Cricklewood Road, West Chester ($785,000) - Exceptional 2 plus acre private and tranquil setting in the heart of Thornbury Township in historic Chester County! This Pristine Stone and Brick luxury Cape offers a generous open floorplan with comfortable flow and a fabulous outside patio for entertaining. This home boasts a seamless indoor/outdoor life style! Beautifully updated with abundant natural light and flawless attention to detail throughout, this 4 bed/3 1/2 bath home has it all! Main Floor has Master Retreat with gorgeous bathroom and French doors to a private patio. Study has brick fireplace, built in cabinetry and extensive millwork with exposed beams. The Gourmet kitchen with granite & Brazilian Cherry counters, marble backsplash, textured walls & under-cabinet accent lighting opens to a spacious Family room w stone fireplace & custom window treatments. Handsome Hardwood floors can be found throughout the main level. 2nd floor boasts a Princess suite with 2 additional ample bedrooms and hall bath. Lower level has recreational room .Surround sound throughout . Closets galore and lots of storage! Lush beautiful fenced mature private grounds with in ground pool, Jacuzzi and basketball court. Security System. Newer 2-Zone Heat/air. Close to the shops and restaurants at Brinton Lake & downtown West Chester. Conveniently located to all major highways and 20 mins to the Philadelphia International Airport.
5. 712 Haines Mill Road, West Chester ($665,000) - Custom built only 19 years ago, this home has been DRAMATICALLY TRANSFORMED recently by the original owners. A gardener's dream & a chef's delight. This non-development property on 2 wooded acres with stream is located just minutes from world renowned Longwood Gardens in the midst of the Brandywine Valley wine country. The grand foyer opens to the formal living areas & library/office. Then you walk through the hall way to be dazzled by the huge open Kitchen and family room stretching across the entire back of the house. Bathed in natural light from expansive windows, you'll be impressed by the 8' long Granite-topped island. State-of-the-art SS appliances include a SubZero, double drawer DW, 6 burner Wolf gas range. Plato soft-close cabinetry featuring under cabinet lighting & glass-doored lighted cabinets. Notice the custom mosaic tile backsplash, the wine cooler, the walk-in pantry where you will find the microwave. The family room's stone gas fireplace with remote can be enjoyed from the kitchen, as well. Both spaces open to the Brazilian redwood deck overlooking the back lawn & English gardens to the woods beyond. The generous tile-floored mud/laundry room provides access to the garden's lighted greenhouse with raised stone beds with irrigation system & the oversized garage. Upstairs you will find 3 spacious bedrooms with abundant closet space & a study adjoining 2 of the bedrooms. The hall bath had a complete makeover featuring double sinks, Granite & tile. The crowning glory is the handsome master suite! Serenity is the key word here. Soft hues, a comfortable sitting area and magnificent views of the tree tops through expansive windows. Imagine waking up to nature every morning! Two owners' walk-in closets with built-ins. One even has a chandelier! The dressing area features a mirrored wall & opens to the luxurious master bath with Travertine tile, air-jet tub, dual showerhead glass enclosed shower, heated floor & skylight. The chandelier & TV over the tub stay with the house. The finished walk-out lower level boasts a locked wine storage & ample closets. Dual zone gas heat & 2 HW heaters w/ 120 gallon capacity.
6. 544 Fern Hill Lane, West Chester ($350,000) - Once you see it you'll want to own it! Great location, quality updates, meticulously maintained, this charming modified ranch is move-in ready. Lovely, bright living room greets you with new wood floors and cozy gas fireplace. Living room is open to the dining room with entrance to fabulous remodeled kitchen featuring wood cabinets, granite countertops, and tile floor. Three bedrooms (one used as office) are on this level along with new tiled hall bathroom. Walk up 6 steps to the master bedroom retreat featuring cathedral ceiling, sitting area, large walk-in closet, and in-suite bath complete with granite countertops, tiled tub/shower and tile floor. Lower level features the laundry room, entrance to 2-car garage, and large basement finished with a carpeted family room perfect for pool table, parties, hobbies, or exercise room. Lots of storage in the unfinished area, or in the over-sized garage ? plus there is an outdoor shed included with the purchase. Entertain, relax and enjoy in the serene back yard setting. Deck with pergola canopy is perfect for your wicker furniture and is surrounded by beautiful flower gardens and peaceful koi pond with fountain. Relax in the hot tub or set up a hammock for lazy summer days in this backyard oasis. W Goshen Twp was recently voted one of the top 10 BEST TOWNS to live in. Minutes from downtown West Chester, low taxes, and desirable West Chester schools!
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 708 Scotch Way, West Chester - $227,500
- 1205 Brinton Ave., West Chester - $261,000
- 1354 Old Pottstown Pike, West Chester - $290,000
- 127 N. Village Lane, Chadds Ford - $295,000
- 134 Gilpin Drive #A308, West Chester - $313,500
- 904 Gated Lane, West Chester - $325,000
- 907 Gated Lane, West Chester - $328,500
- 232 N. Darlington St., West Chester - $408,000
- 631 Jaeger Circle, West Chester - $410,000
- 109 Lockerbie Lane, West Chester - $523,300