West Chester/Chadds Ford Homes Report: For Sale and Sold March 13, 2015
1005 Marlin Drive, West Chester. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
Gallery: West Chester/Chadds Ford Homes Report - March 13, 2015 [6 Images] Click any image to expand.
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 1506 Wilson Lane ($500,000) - This 2 story colonial Wessex Model offers 4 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths that has been beautifully kept and updated by its current owners. Situated on a cul de sac street with a magnificent rear view that backs up to 9 acres of open space with pond and regularly maintained by the township. Enjoy this picturesque view of the outdoors either from the 3 seasoned bright/cheery sun room with ceramic tiled flooring & free standing cast iron propane fired fire place or by the 500 sq ft custom wood deck. This home offers a great flowing floor plan. Enter this home through the spacious tiled entry foyer that steps up to the large living room, formal dining room with crown moldings, newer gourmet custom kitchen with high end cabinets & built in wine rack, center island with built in electric flat surface cook top range with functional down draft exhaust, counter depth French door refrigerator with matching cabinet front panels, stainless steel under mounted franke double sink with granite counter tops, miele wall oven, and convection oven. The cozy family room with brick fireplace and recently installed high end quadra fire wood burning insert. This model features a step down 1st floor private office, newer 1st floor powder room and 1st floor laundry facilities. The 2nd level features a nice size master bedroom with a custom closet organizer, newly renovated master bath with all new fixtures that includes a soaking tub, two pedestal sinks and custom ceramic tiled stall shower. Three additional good size bedrooms and newly renovated hall bath with all new fixtures, ceramic tiled floors & tiled tub surround finish this level perfectly.
2. 1005 Marlin Drive, West Chester ($1,075,000) - The discriminating buyer will enjoy the incredible amenities found throughout this wonderful custom Pennsylvania Farmhouse inspired home. Quality abounds throughout and includes on-site finished hardwood floors, gourmet kitchen with stainless appliances, finished walk-out basement, extensive millwork, and the most magnificent landscaped outdoor space that includes multi-level stone patios, a gazebo and lit tennis court. This home is a true retreat; whether enjoying a day of gardening in the fenced organic garden, or entertaining family and friends in the outdoor paradise - this exquisite house is the perfect place to call home!
3. 1699 Waterglen Drive, West Chester ($674,500) - This beautiful contemporary located in Pocopson Township in Chester County has all of those great features that today's homeowners are looking for ? grand entrance, spacious rooms, fine finishes, attention to detail, all in a location that is highly desirable. Located in the Waterglen community, this home is well maintained and in excellent condition throughout. Situated in the much sought after Unionville Chadds Ford School District, with easy commutes to Delaware & Philadelphia. This home features a 2 story foyer leading into formal LR & DR, an elegant staircase, and a new gourmet kit with granite countertops, cherry cabinets, hardwood floors and high-end stainless steel appliances including Subzero refrigerator. Sliding doors lead to deck with a view of woods & backyard that is great for outdoor entertaining. Family Room is big & comfortable w/stone FP, sweeping cathedral ceilings, wet bar, large windows w/a view of woods. This home has a first floor master suite with walk-in closets which provides comfortable first floor living. Other 1st floor features include PR, large laundry room/ MR with custom cabinets, office and & access to oversized 3-car gar. Three additional spacious BR and 2 additional full baths on 2nd floor. One bedroom has own private bathroom and walk-in closet ? ideal for nanny, au pair, or guests. Large finished w/o basement with lots of space for multiple uses. Large workshop area as well as storage space complement the basement. This house must be seen to appreciate all of its features, finishes, and amenities.
4. 6 Shadow Lane, Chadds Ford ($625,000) - This charming stone and stucco cape cod sits nestled on a 2.2 acre partially wooded lot. The original owners have done much to bring this property up to today's standards. Uniquely, this home features hardwood floors throughout the first AND second floors. The 2013 updated kitchen features granite countertop and center island, interlocking glass and stone pencil backsplash, additional cabinet space, Samsung stainless steel French door refrigerator, stainless dishwasher and sink, and it was just painted in 2015. The first floor master bedroom suite features a master bath that has recently been renovated with whirlpool tub, glass enclosed shower, back to back vanities with soapstone counters, a 2 sided mirror, and paint in 2015. The first floor features not only a freshly painted family room with floor to ceiling stone fireplace and wainscoting, but also a heated and cooled Florida room from which to enjoyh the view of the multiple decks, fenced in garden sanctuary with mature plantings and mature trees in the backdrop. The second level has 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths, each of which has been freshly painted and outfittedf iwth new vanities, counter tops and hardware. There is a second floor laundry room for your convenience. There is also peace of mind in knowing thatthe home underwent a home and stucco inspection by Craig Tillman. All necessary stucco repairs have beeen made, and all reports will be made available. Make an appointment to see this 5 bedroom, 3 full and 2 part bath home Today!
5. 34 Balmoral Drive, Chadds Ford ($424,900) - There is a large, level and private rear yard which backs to wooded open space. There is also dedicated open space to the side, leaving plenty of room between houses. This home has been beautifully maintained with numerous upgrades and updates throughout to include: Andersen Windows, Pella Slider to large Rear deck, New Heating and Air Conditioning system, Hot water heater, Whirlpool tub in Master Bath, Spacious Finished basement Bow window in Breakfast Nook and more. Balmoral continues to be on of Chester Counties most popular communities, offering single, twins and townhomes to accommodate every lifestyle. Almost half of the acreage in Balmoral is dedicated Open Space, featuring, meadows, woods and it's own pond. Conveniently located along the Route 52 corridor, minutes to Delaware, Kennett Square, West Chester and Longwood Gardens. Kennett Township has been awarded numerous accolades to include one the "Best Small Towns in America" and more as it's known for shopping, dining and countless activities. The school feeder pattern is the Award Winning Kennett Consolidated featuring Greenwood Elementary and schools within a short distance from Balmoral. Be sure not to miss this home, it is move-in ready with fresh neutral and bright colors throughout, not to mention the additional crown moldings, recessed lights and upgraded flooring.
6. 36 Blue Stone Drive ($439,000) - Located in award-winning Unionville-Chadds Ford school district, this 3/4 BR 4 BA contemporary home takes full advantage of its storybook wooded setting. Situated on a quiet cul-de-sac in desirable Hanover Hunt, just off Route 1 this one-of-a-kind home offers privacy and convenience to all major commuting routes plus shopping, dining and cultural attractions. The former show home for "Deck" style homes in the area (c. 1980s, post-and-beam construction ) features 3/4 bedrooms, one flanks the spacious Living Room and was most recently used as an office. Information can be provided if you are not familiar with this style home. If you appreciate bringing the outside in, gorgeous views, beautiful wood doors and details, and a unique floor plan, this is for you. The entry way is stunning. Tile and carpet floors throughout. Wood stove in the Great Room with towering ceiling and floor to ceiling windows. The open floor plan is perfect for entertaining and opens to Kitchen, Dining Room, and Family Room. 1st Bedroom with its own full bath also on this ground level which opens to outside entertaining space. Upstairs two bedrooms, one with its own sitting room over looking the down stairs. Laundry room off the kitchen. Oversized two-car garage with separate room/green house in back. Tranquil setting and priced to move!
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 407 Painters Xing, Chadds Ford - $148,000
- 14 E. Pennsbury Way, Chadds Ford - $220,000
- 111 N. Village Lane, Chadds Ford - $299,900
- 10 E. Barnard St., West Chester - $328,000
- 1111 Spring Court, West Chester - $365,000
- 425 Price St., West Chester - $535,000